1. Our second Exclusive for Members Webinars will be held December 4, 2013. We are happy to present Medical Errors with Terry Butterweck from 6PM-8PM LIVE for the first 23 people to register. To register for the LIVE event, click here: http://www.flasha.org/pdf/webinar%20registration%20form%20version%203%20fillable.pdf. Then send your completed form to Valerie Herskowitz at email@example.com or fax to 954-734-8641. It will be offered as a recorded course later in the month for those of you who can not attend the LIVE class. Our webinars are free for members only. If you are not a FLASHA Member, click this link to join: https://secure.flasha.org/memberApplication.asp
2. EFFECTIVE SUPERVISION with Shelley Victor, Ed.D CCC-SLP .2 CEUs. This class will be offered as a pre-recorded option starting Dec 1, 2013. You can log into the flasha.org. Click on MyFlasha. Log in to view the course.
3. Our Membership Contest is still in full swing:
a. For every new member that joins FLASHA as a result of your referral, you will receive $15 off your 2014-2015 dues up to $75.
b. In addition, for each NEW member you get to join FLASHA, you will be given one entry into our Membership Sweepstakes. The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive a FREE 2014 Conference Registration. If you win, this is a savings of $400 to $600! And for this part, there are no limits. You bring in 10 members, you will get 10 entries.
c. This contest will run from June 1, 2013 through December 1, 2013. So don't hesitate to refer your friends to FLASHA. Tell all your colleagues about our new Webinars and tell them how important it is for them to join their state organization. Make sure they put your name on their membership form.
d. The drawing will take place at the FLASHA Headquarters on December 2, 2013. You do not need to be present to win. The winner will be announced via an eflash in December 2013.
Best of luck to everyone. We look forward to seeing many membership entries with your name attached.
4. Congratulations to the FLASHA Board for 2013-14:
President: Valerie Herskowitz
Immediate Past President: Celia Santini
President-Elect: Vivian Topp Klein
VP for Convention: Lisa Garrett
VP for Membership Services: Janet Line
VP for Professional Practices in Audiology: Betty Judy Oremland
VP for Continuing Education: Mario Landera
VP for Educational Services: Laura Rogers
VP for Professional Practices in Speech: Tim Kowalski
VP for Communications: Shannon Hall-Mills
VP for Governmental Education: Lisa Rock
Executive Director: Tina Kautter
Assistant Executive Director: Barbara FitzGerald Beatty
We are here to serve our members. If you would like to contact a specific board member, please click this link:
5. General Licensing and Online Renewal Questions:
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
6. Be a part of the FLASHA Experience. Join a committee. We currently have availability on the following committees:
Ethical Practice, Communications, Public School, Early Intervention, Historian, Multicultural, Student Services, Reinbursement, Sponsorship and Grants, and Mentor Committee. If you are interested in joining a committee, please email, Janet Line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.Check out the new Member Benefit-Discounts for products with SuperDuper! Click on this link to see how it works.http://flasha.org/mbSuperDuper.asp
8. *Effective July 1, 2011 the ASHA CE Registry has a new eligibility requirement:
Individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs:
• ASHA Member (includes Life member and International affiliates)
• ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder
• Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology
• Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• Engaged in a Clinical Fellowship under the supervision of an individual with their ASHA CCC
• Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in SLP or audiology