This year, we will be starting FREE Webinars for FLASHA members only. So if you are not sure about renewing or joining for this year, you may want to rethink that decision. Details to follow an upcoming eblast. Please share!!
Congratulations to the FLASHA Board for 2013-14:
We are kicking off our new Membership Contest. Here are the rules:
Here are the rules:
1. For every new member that joins FLASHA as a result of your referral, you will receive $15 off your 2014-2015 dues up to $75.
... 2. In addition, for each NEW member you get to join FLASHA, you will be given one entry into our Membership Sweepstakes. The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive a FREE 2014 Conference Registration. If you win, this is a savings of $400 to $600! And for this part, there are no limits. You bring in 10 members, you will get 10 entries.
3. This contest will run from June 1, 2013 through December 1, 2013. So don't hesitate to refer your friends to FLASHA. Tell all your colleagues about our new Webinars and tell them how important it is for them to join their state organization. Make sure they put your name on their membership form.
4. The drawing will take place at the FLASHA Headquarters on December 2, 2013. You do not need to be present to win. The winner will be announced via an eflash in December 2013.
Best of luck to everyone. We look forward to seeing many membership entries with your name attached.
Thank you to all of the SLPs, Audiologists, Students, and Exhibitors who attended the 2013 FLASHA ANNUAL CONVENTION at the Marriott Report and Spa on Marco Island, May 23-26!
President: Valerie Herskowitz
Immediate Past President: Celia Santini
President-Elect: Vivian Topp Klein
VP for Convention: Lisa Garrett
VP for Membership Services: Janet Line
VP for Professional Practices in Audiology: Betty Judy Oremland
VP for Continuing Education: Mario Landera
VP for Educational Services: Laura Rogers
VP for Professional Practices in Speech: Tim Kowalski
VP for Communications: Shannon Hall-Mills
VP for Governmental Education: Lisa Rock
Executive Director: Tina Kautter
Assistant Executive Director: Barbara FitzGerald Beatty
We are here to serve our members. If you would like to contact a specific board member, please click this link:
General Licensing and Online Renewal Questions:
4052 Bald Cypress Way
Tallahassee, Florida 32399
To locate contact information (e.g., phone numbers, office locations, emails) for your respective legislators:
Go to www.flsenate.gov/senators
Go to www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections/representatives/representatives.aspx
Be a part of the FLASHA Experience. Join a committee. We currently have availability on the following committees:
Ethical Practice, Communications, Public School, Early Intervention, Historian, Multicultural, Student Services, Reinbursement, Sponsorship and Grants, and Mentor Committee. If you are interested in joining a committee, please email, Janet Line at email@example.com.
In reference to our legislative activities, FLASHA received a $1,000 stipend awarded by ASHA to develop or further student participation in legislative activities. Through this grant from ASHA, FLASHA sponsored a statewide Student Advocacy Day in January, 2013.
Individuals must meet at least one of the following conditions in order to be eligible to earn ASHA CEUs:
• ASHA Member (includes Life member and International affiliates)
• ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) Holder
• Licensed by a state or provincial regulatory agency to practice speech-language pathology (SLP) or audiology
• Credentialed by a state regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• Credentialed by a national regulatory agency to practice SLP or audiology
• Engaged in a Clinical Fellowship under the supervision of an individual with their ASHA CCC
• Currently enrolled in a masters or doctoral program in SLP or audiology